Imagine a room where a TV seems to be sitting on a table. But when you look at it from another angle, it appears to be floating in mid-air. Magic? No. Perspective? Yes. Welcome to a world where your eyes deceive you every day. Welcome to the world of Possessions - a minimalist 3D puzzle game about perspective and spatial awareness. In Possessions, you will look at various objects from different angles until they appear to be in their right place, all while learning the story of a family inhabiting the house. Published by Noodlecake Studios. Crafted by Lucid Labs.
It was a dark rainy night. Chirag was on phone with Jibran, explaining a concept based on perspective and visual trickery, which Chirag thought was pretty cool. Jibran had been listening to Chirag all week, trying to finalise a concept to work on, so things were starting to get a little desperate. But this idea showed potential when the team concieved a playable prototype and showed it around to their friends. After playing around with the prototype and bouncing ideas off each other, the team started working on the game in 2017. After finishing about 25% of the game, they submitted the game for "Upcoming Game of the Year" award at Nasscom Game Developers Conference (NGDC) 2017 and Unite India 2017. Possessions ended up getting selected as one of the 20 selected games for Unite India for the public showcase and runner-up for the award. These two achievements stirred things up, and made the team realise that they were onto something good.
- Colourful and minimalist 3D visuals which are a treat to your eyes. Explore multiple rooms each with their unique setting.
- Witness the life and struggles of a family's story, crafted without any dialogue or text.
- Simply rotate the room to change the perspective. Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up and enjoy.
- Lose yourself in the soothing soundtrack which complements the game and enhances the experience.
- Enjoy an evolving and challenging gameplay with different mechanics in 33 hand-crafted levels.
- Experience Possessions in the real world with AR - a totally new mode where you solve levels in augmented reality by physically moving around the rooms.
- Whether you are on a bus with your iPhone, sitting on the couch watching Apple TV or working on your Mac, sync your progress across devices and play anywhere!
Game Trailer — YouTube
AR Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Best Game Direction - AnimationXpress GEM Awards, 2022
- Nominee: Upcoming Game of the Year - IGDC, 2022
- Best Mobile and Tablet Game - FICCI Frames, 2020
- Nominee: Innovation in Games - LudiciousX Zurich Game Festival, 2020
- Nominee: International Mobile Gaming Awards - IMGA, 2020
- Indie Game of the Year - India GDC, 2019
- Apple Arcade Launch PartnerApple, 2019
- Google Indie Games Accelerator Batch 1Google, 2018
- Official Selection: Unite India - Unity, 2018
- Official Selection: Cologne Game Mixer - Goethe Institute Germany, 2018
- Official Selection: Unite India - Unity, 2017
- Runner-Up: Best Upcoming Game of the Year - NGDC, 2017
10 relaxing Apple Arcade games that will help you chill out during lockdownShelby Brown, CNET
Best Relaxing Games on Apple Arcade in 2020Christine Chan, iMore
25 best Apple Arcade games to make the most of your subscriptionMark Delaney, GamesRadar
...Possessions wins Indie Game of the Year at India GDC 2019Kayleigh Partleton, Pocket Gamer
The 25 Apple Arcade Games That Make It Well Worth The MoneyToME, Times of Middle East
The best games on Apple ArcadeDavid Price, Macworld UK
The best of Apple Arcade: five games that you need to try outAmber Neely, Apple Insider
10 Apple Arcade puzzle games that will make you smarter while you playShelby Brown, CNET
Perspective matters when playing Possessions on Apple ArcadeBrent Dirks, App Advice
Apple Arcade is here to upend mobile video gaming businessMathures Paul, Telegraph India
The 20 Apple Arcade Games That Make It Worth the MoneyLogan Sawyer, Game Rant
A month on, Apple Arcade is too cheap to quitNicole Lee, Engadget
The 20 Apple Arcade Games That Make It Worth the MoneyDavid Nield, Gizmodo
Apple Arcade Gives Game Developers Room to Breathe in a Free-to-Play WorldAkhil Arora, NDTV Gadgets 360
Apple Arcade is a home for premium games that lost their place on mobileAndrew Webster, Verge
6 Great Apple Arcade Exclusives Worth PlayingSamuel Guglielmo, Tech Raptor
Possessions Is an Engaging Puzzle SolverLisa Hamilton, Mac Observer
Full list of announced games on Apple ArcadeShelby Brown, CNET
A gentle puzzle game with a relaxing soundtrack...Matt Suckley, PCGamer
About Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- Lucid Labs is an award-winning game studio backed by Google Indie Games Accelerator. Indie at heart, we are passionate about molding experiential casual games with lighthearted storytelling. Our latest game, 'Bloom - a puzzle adventure', is a casual puzzle game for iOS and Android. and has acquired the prestigious 'Mobile Game of the Year', 'Indie Game of the Year', and 'Best Visual Art' awards at IGDC 2023. Our previous title, 'Possessions,' was launched exclusively on Apple Arcade and is the only game from India (yet) to be included in the Arcade catalog. The game has also acquired a couple of 'Game of the Year' awards, among several other international accolades. We make games (not) for the masses.
- More information
- More information on Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd., our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Chirag Chopra
- Game Design and Art
- Jibran Gillani
- Murilo Kleine
- David MacDonald
- Sound Design