Stay, Mum is an ordinary story about John, a young boy with an extraordinary imagination and his mother, who is busy trying to make a living for the two of them. Stay, Mum will let you manipulate different blocks to form surreal shapes out of John’s wild imagination and explore the bittersweet relationship of John and his mother. John means the world to his mother. But to meet their needs,his mother has to work very hard. So hard that she never finds time for him. John’s loneliness is only cured by different blocks given to him by his mother. Why does the mother give him building blocks and what purpose do they hold?
Stay, Mum was conceptualised as a simple puzzle game back in 2014 by Chirag, while he was still pursuing his Masters in Video Game Design. The game had a different name and was only based on a single puzzle mechanic with no back-story or narrative. It was only in 2015 when Chirag wanted to make a game based on emotions and about the relationship of mother and son and he tried to merge that vision with Stay, Mum and it fit perfectly well. Taking inspiration from the legend Jenova Chen and his games, Stay, Mum was re-worked upon and crafted into an emotional and soothing experience you see today.
- Minimalist and gorgeous visuals accompanied by smooth ambient sounds to lure you in.
- Meet John’s friends as he imagines all sort of different beings in his 7 blocks, each with their own visuals and behaviour. Use them at your aid to achieve complex shapes in more than 70 levels!
- Calm your senses and enjoy the relaxing soundtrack, crafted to deliver a soothing experience.
- Learn the truth about why John's mother has no time for her only son and how are the blocks going to help him in a tale of twists and emotions.
- Pay once and enjoy the full game with all future updates for free!
Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Stay, Mum is an endearing and heartfelt puzzle game - 4.5/5Christine Chan, AppAdvice
Stay, Mum gets big points for its heartfelt presentation... - 3.5/5Nadia Oxford, 148Apps
Stay, Mum is a tear-jerker...Jess Joho, Kill Screen Daily
...one of the best Best Mobile Games of 2015Giancarlo Saldana, TechRadar
...beautifully designed heartbreaking puzzle.Marcus Schwarten, iPlayApps.de
Stay, Mum Brings Warm Fuzzy Feelings to iOS...Nadia Oxford, Gamezebo
...getting ready to break your heart with the arrival of Stay, MumChris Priestman, PocketGamer
I'm always intrigued when mobile developers try to get players emotionally involved...Tasos Lazarides, TouchArcade
...very rare that I see a theme between mother and child is used to create a game.Glenn Prasetya, Tech In Asia
...certainly near the top of my mobile watch list.Ian Garner, HaoGamers
About Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- Lucid Labs is an independent game development studio from India who likes to work on games which are experimental and artistic in nature. Lucid Labs consists of a single man, a man who thinks collaborating with new people from all over the world for each game is sheer fun and joy. We like to craft experiences which are innovative and involve human emotions. We make games (not) for the masses.
- More information
- More information on Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd., our logo & relevant media are available here.
Stay, Mum Credits
- Chirag Chopra
- Game Design
- JT Yean
- Clark Aboud
- Sound Design