Imagine a room where a TV seems to be sitting on a table. But when you look at it from another angle, it appears to be floating in mid-air. Magic? No. Perspective? Yes. Welcome to a world where your eyes deceive you every day. Welcome to the world of Possessions - a minimalist 3D puzzle game about perspective and spatial awareness. In Possessions, you will look at various objects from different angles until they appear to be in their right place, all while learning the story of a family inhabiting the house. Published by Noodlecake Studios. Crafted by Lucid Labs.
It was a dark rainy night. Chirag was on phone with Jibran, explaining a concept based on perspective and visual trickery, which Chirag thought was pretty cool. Jibran had been listening to Chirag all week, trying to finalise a concept to work on, so things were starting to get a little desperate. But this idea showed potential when the team concieved a playable prototype and showed it around to their friends. After playing around with the prototype and bouncing ideas off each other, the team started working on the game in 2017. After finishing about 25% of the game, they submitted the game for "Upcoming Game of the Year" award at Nasscom Game Developers Conference (NGDC) 2017 and Unite India 2017. Possessions ended up getting selected as one of the 20 selected games for Unite India for the public showcase and runner-up for the award. These two achievements stirred things up, and made the team realise that they were onto something good.
- Colourful and minimalist 3D visuals which are a treat to your eyes. Explore multiple rooms each with their unique setting.
- Witness the life and struggles of a family's story, crafted without any dialogue or text.
- Simply rotate the room to change the perspective. Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up and enjoy.
- Lose yourself in the soothing soundtrack which complements the game and enhances the experience.
- Enjoy an evolving and challenging gameplay with different mechanics in 33 hand-crafted levels.
- Experience Possessions in the real world with AR - a totally new mode where you solve levels in augmented reality by physically moving around the rooms.
- Whether you are on a bus with your iPhone, sitting on the couch watching Apple TV or working on your Mac, sync your progress across devices and play anywhere!
Game Trailer — YouTube
AR Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Apple Arcade Launch Partner" Apple, 2019
- "Google Indie Games Accelerator Batch 1" Google, 2018
- "Official Selection: Unite India" Unity, 2018
- "Official Selection: Cologne Game Mixer" Goethe Institute Germany, 2018
- "Official Selection: Unite India" Unity, 2017
- "Runner-Up: Best Upcoming Game of the Year" NGDC, 2017
About Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- Lucid Labs is an independent game development studio from India who likes to work on games which are experimental and artistic in nature. Lucid Labs consists of a single man, a man who thinks collaborating with new people from all over the world for each game is sheer fun and joy. We like to craft experiences which are innovative and involve human emotions. We make games (not) for the masses.
- More information
- More information on Lucid Labs Pvt. Ltd., our logo & relevant media are available here.
- Chirag Chopra
- Game Design and Art
- Jibran Gillani
- Murilo Kleine
- David MacDonald
- Sound Design